Texas Interscholastic League Foundation Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by Texas Interscholastic League Foundation
List of TILF Scholarships is online.
All applicants must meet the main scholarship requirements (including participation at the state level in a UIL academic contest) and should also consider any additional requirements listed below. Please note that applicants will be considered for any award for which they meet the criteria.
Who can apply?
Students who meet the following criteria:
- Must have competed at the UIL Academic State Meet, Congressional Debate State Meet, One-Act Play State Meet, or Theatrical Design State Meet OR must have advanced to the octofinal round (second day) of the Cross Examination Debate State Meet, OR must be a state finalist in the Barbara Jordan Historical Essay Competition, the Latino History Essay Competition, or the Young Filmmakers Festival OR must have been a member of one of the top 10 teams per competition group at the BEST or FIRST state robotics contests
- Must plan to attend an accredited college or university in the state of Texas
- Must enroll full-time in college and maintain a 2.5 college GPA (some scholarships require higher GPAs
- Must be graduating from high school during the current academic year
PLEASE NOTE: participation only in ATHLETIC or MUSIC contests does not qualify a student to apply for a TILF scholarship. A student MUST advance to state in an ACADEMIC contest to apply.
How to Apply
Applications for 2024 will be accepted on this page from March 1 through May 24, 2024. All applicants will be notified of their status via email in mid-July.
Please have electronic versions of the following items available to submit with your application:
- high school transcript (seven-semester is fine)
- SAT/ACT score reports (if you took these tests)
- letter of recommendation from your superintendant, principal, assistant principal, UIL coach, or counselor
- copy of page 1 and 2 of your parent or guardian's most recent IRS 1040 form with all social security and bank account and routing numbers blacked out
- copy of your financial aid letter from your chosen college or university