Servant’s Heart Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by DMP Ministries, Inc.
Dana Michelle Pettaway Ministries, Inc., was established in January 2004, in memory of Dana Michelle Pettaway. Dana was a vibrant, teenage leader who glorified God in every aspect of life. Her passion was to impact others through Christian mentorship, positive role modeling, evangelism and tangible acts of service.
The Dana Michelle Pettaway Servant’s Heart Scholarship seeks to identify high school seniors who are influential for God through Christian leadership and service. The DMP Servant’s Heart Scholarship will be awarded to 7 such students who possess the above qualities and who plan to further their education by attending an institution of higher learning.
WHO QUALIFIES TO APPLY?
You must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Be a legal U.S. resident
- Attend high school in one of the following Texas counties: Ft. Bend, Harris, Waller
- Be a high school senior who is eligible for graduation in May or June of 2024
- Plan to enroll as a full-time student in an accredited college, vocational or technical school in the Summer or Fall of 2024
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Minimum of 30 documented service hours
- Must satisfy Overcomer Criteria
HOW ARE WINNERS CHOSEN?
1. The selection criteria are based upon Essays, Letters of Recommendation, and service in EACH of the following 3 areas: Church, School and Community, as well as meeting the Overcomer Criteria (see below). Finalists must attend a mandatory interview via Zoom on April 27, 2024.
2. Scholarships will be awarded to Overcomers who meet the above qualifications in the midst of difficult circumstances or obstacles. Overcomers are defined as student leaders who prevail in service, despite adverse challenges. These challenges must be described in Essay #2, with an explanation of how you overcame these obstacles and continued service.Go to Scholarship Application