Tarrant County Mental Health Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by Mental Health America of Greater Tarrant County
Tarrant County students pursuing careers in the field of mental health and wellness are awarded scholarships annually; one scholarship* is awarded each semester. The following supporters have contributed to the establishment of
Tarrant County students pursuing careers in the field of mental health and wellness are awarded scholarships annually; one scholarship* is awarded each semester. The following supporters have contributed to the establishment of this program that MHATC strives to carry forward with pride and intention:
- The Lezlie Culver Memorial Scholarship
- The Patricia Pownder Connolly Memorial Scholarship
- The Lillian Cooper Droke Memorial Scholarship
- The Linda Lyons Memorial Scholarship
Applications are administered and awarded each year by the Mental Health America of Greater Tarrant County Board and Scholarship Committee.
Scholarship Application Criteria
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and a resident of Tarrant County
- Must be in good standing with the college/university
- Must be enrolled in coursework and/or have a declared degree plan for the following disciplines: any kind of psychology, social work, psychiatry/mental/behavioral health, social and behavioral sciences, behavioral / cognitive neuroscience, mental health or rehabilitative counseling or nursing, cognitive development, etc.
- Prefer a GPA of 3.0, but candidates with strong applications will also be considered.
- Write a 200-400-word essay on any personal, professional, academic, or volunteer experiences you have had experienced with any mental/behavioral health issues (including addiction) and how this has shaped your life and/or career choices.
- Write a 100-200-word statement about your goals and aspirations to apply the knowledge you have learn through this scholarship opportunity.
Application Format Requirements
Email should include:
- Date, Name, Contact Information, City of Residence, Coursework Enrolled 2. Coursework Enrolled Applicable to this Scholarship, Declared Degree
- Body should include: Essay, Statement and current GPA
- Please submit applications to Board.email@example.com.
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Tarrant County resident
- Essay is well-written without grammatical errors, shows rational decision-making skills, shows empathy and compassion, lessons learned are realistic and the applied knowledge is reasonable.
- The coursework and/or degree plan meets the required criteria.
- Prefer a GPA of 3.0, but candidates with strong application will also be considered.
*Fall & Spring scholarship recipients may receive awards up to $5,000.
Summer scholarship recipients may receive up to $2,000.Go to Scholarship Application