TMA Diversity in Medicine Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Texas Medical Association
Awards Available: 1
Deadline : May 31, 2024
Current applicants are accepted to Texas medical schools beginning Fall 2024.
These $10,000 scholarships are for minorities underrepresented in Texas medical schools and the state’s physician workforce.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and must identify themselves as African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, or Native American (including American Indian/Alaska Native or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander).
- Students already attending medical school are not eligible. (Incoming MS1 only.)
- One scholarship annually per Texas medical school.
- Must complete an application.
- Provide a letter of acceptance.
- Write an essay, not to exceed 750 words, explaining how as a physician you would “improve the health of all Texans”.
- This scholarship is per school and does not transfer with a student should they decide to matriculate elsewhere.
- Funds will be disbursed directly to the school in increments of $2,500 annually during the first four consecutive years of a student's matriculation. Students who withdraw or take leaves of absence will automatically forfeit the remainder of their disbursement.
- Funded by the TMA Foundation (TMAF), the association's philanthropic arm. Recipients are known as the "Bayardo Scholars" in recognition of the majority support provided by the TMA Foundation Trust Fund of Roberto J. Bayardo, MD, and the late Agniela (Annie) M. Bayardo of Houston. Other generous donors contribute to the success of these scholarships.
Easy Scholarship Applications Sallie Mae "No Essay" Scholarship - $2,000
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal...View Details Be Bold Scholarship - $25,000
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will...View Details Niche $50,000 Scholarship - $50,000
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without...View Details CollegeXpress Scholarship - $10,000
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students...View Details Appily Easy Money Scholarship - $1,000
The Appily scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship...View Details ScholarshipOwl No Essay Scholarship - $1,000
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application...View Details SP Scholarship - $2,500
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students...View Details Holiday Wishlist Scholarship - $500
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students...View Details Niche 2K No Essay College Scholarship - $2,000
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools...View Details Common App Scholarship - $2,000
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the...View Details