TMA Diversity in Medicine Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Texas Medical Association
Awards Available: 1
Deadline : Mar 27, 2023
These $10,000 scholarships are for minorities underrepresented in Texas medical schools and the state’s physician workforce.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and must identify themselves as African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, or Native American (including American Indian/Alaska Native or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander).
- Students already attending medical school are not eligible. (Incoming MS1 only.)
- One scholarship annually per Texas medical school.
- Must complete an application.
- Provide a letter of acceptance.
- Write an essay, not to exceed 750 words, explaining how as a physician you would “improve the health of all Texans”.
- This scholarship is per school and does not transfer with a student should they decide to matriculate elsewhere.
- Funds will be disbursed directly to the school in increments of $2,500 annually during the first four consecutive years of a student's matriculation. Students who withdraw or take leaves of absence will automatically forfeit the remainder of their disbursement.
- Funded by the TMA Foundation (TMAF), the association's philanthropic arm. Recipients are known as the "Bayardo Scholars" in recognition of the majority support provided by the TMA Foundation Trust Fund of Roberto J. Bayardo, MD, and the late Agniela (Annie) M. Bayardo of Houston. Other generous donors contribute to the success of these scholarships.
Easy Scholarship Applications "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship - $2,000
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you...View Details Be Bold Scholarship - $25,000
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will...View Details ScholarshipOwl No Essay Scholarship - $1,000
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application...View Details Niche 2K No Essay College Scholarship - $2,000
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools...View Details SP Scholarship - $2,500
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students...View Details 10 Words or Less Scholarship - $1,000
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25...View Details